Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ideas, Ideas...

During the winter months, it's hard for me to stay motivated to create product. I have boiled it down to the cold hard facts - I pretty much only sell when I am face to face with my customers - and those opportunities are few and far between in the first few months of the year. So, instead of sitting around wondering what I should do, I have been trying to create at least once a week, and will be posting more items on etsy, each week, hoping to generate some interest in the items I have in stock.

In the meantime, I need to be consistent with my posting, blogging and also try a giveaway or two, to see if anyone actually reads this blog.

Maybe it's because this is Gracie's first year of school, and maybe it's because I love hearts - but I've already jumped head-first into making Valentine's for her classmates. Why make them when you can buy them? Because I love all things handmade, because I was inspired by these, and because I had a cool old book with a billion sweet illustrations that were begging to be cut into hearts. Here's our first batch:
I just randomly cut freehand hearts around the illustrations I liked.


Then we painted the backs red.


Then Gracie signed her name.



Voila! Happy Handmade Valentines Day!


I will post a giveaway on Friday, and we'll see if you're still in the mood for warmth! See you soon.

No comments: